An Invitation to Join
BECOME A MEMBER
- Engage in Your Community
- Build Lasting Friendships
- Develop the Leader in You
Membership in the JLPA•MP is open to all women over the age of 21 regardless of race, religion or national origin, who are interested in community service.
Join us at an open houses for prosective members to learn more about the League.
Or, check out these additional online resources:
• Sign up for our email list to receive an invitation to the next open house or social.
• Download a copy of our Registration Packet, which includes information on membership and the League
• Visit our Join page for more information on membership.
• Ready to sign up? Register online here.
Done in a Day Projects
A big thank you to all our Sunset Celebration Weekend volunteers!
Done in a Day projects focus on short, intensive community activities that are typically completed in a single day or weekend. We hope you'll join us for an upcoming volunteer shift.
The Shop Renovation
DONATE TO THE SHOP RENOVATIONIn celebration of its 45th anniversary, The Shop is undergoing a much-needed renovation. In order to check every box on The Shop's wish list, our goal is to raise at least $12,000. Please consider giving to The Shop Renovation. Your generous donation will be used to fund a new awning, shoe department with angled shelving, two shadowbox towers and other display fixtures, and a children's department with shelving for shoes, books, toys and games. Thank you for supporting The Shop.
CLOSED DURING RENOVATION
The Shop is currently closed for remodeling for approximately eight weeks. Donation acceptance and normal operations will resume in early July. Stay tuned for updates.
Special Offer from Uber
Are you new to Uber? Use code JLPA50 to get $20 towards your first ride and Uber will donate $5 to the League. Please share this code with anyone worldwide until December 31, 2015.
Carpe Diem, Junior Leaguers!
Let's celebrate the here and now.
We kicked off the Piper year with a look at our 50-year history, and now it's time to focus on the present moment—something most of us probably don't do often enough. This Winter issue is all about "Where We Are Today" as a League, and it's safe to say we're giving new meaning to the term "multi-tasking"! Inside this issue, you'll find:
- The fascinating results of the Communications Council's member survey, which sheds light on who our members are and what makes them tick (with clever illustrations by the endlessly talented Kris Spencer-Jones)
- A look at the process that led to our new community focus area: Getting and Keeping Girls in Technology
- Inspiring updates from our two current community projects, MPower and Project READ
- The scoop on our updated approach to attracting new members, from Membership Development VP Nacole Barth-Ellis
Check it all out HERE.
Our final Piper of the 2014-2015 year—"Where We're Going"—is already in the works, so be sure to submit story ideas, photos and other content by April 20.