Working together to make a difference while building skills and making friends.
The Junior League is a unique organization for many reasons, one of which is that you are provided with opportunities to try new challenges and to build new skills—opportunities you may not get in your place of employment or in your everyday.
“The League enabled me to try out different things in a non-threatening environment.”
– Sherri Douville, Chief Executive Officer and Board Member for Medigram, Inc. and Member of the Board of Fellows at Santa Clara University and Global Panel for the MIT Technology Review
Women come to us from all walks of life and in various life stages so whether you’re an empty-nester, recent college grad or a new mom, there is a place for you in the League if our mission resonates with you.
“I developed an entire career of out my League experience … My volunteer work for the League was like getting a master’s degree in nonprofit management.”
– Carrie Drake, JLPA•MP Past President and founder of her own nonprofit consulting practice Creative i Consulting
Whether your primary motivator is to build a skill, give back with the skills you already possess or a combination of both, there are opportunities for you to accomplish those goals through your League involvement – while making friends along the way.
- Attend trainings
- Connect to the community
- Meet like-minded women
- Develop civic leadership skills
- Collaborate with a mentor
- Attend social events
- Have fun!
2. Register to Become a Member
- You’ll create an online profile, answer a few questions about your interests and pay your fees online.
- Registration is open August 1 through February 1.
- Please note that administrative approval (a security step in the registration process) may take up to one business day.
3. The New Member Experience
As a New Member you will:
- Engage in a 4- to 12-month process of learning about the League
- Participate in training and General Membership Meetings (GMMs)
- Volunteer for a Done in a Day project and at The Shop, our fundraising resale store in Menlo Park
- Connect with fellow members at socials and events
The average time commitment is 4-10 hours per month.
Fees for New Members are $176 membership (covers the League year from June 1 to May 31) and $90 course fee. More info in our New Member FAQ.