What members say about ODI
What is ODI?
Organizational Development Institutes (or ODIs) are AJLI leadership development meetings that provide Junior League members with mission-based training in key areas critical to the healthy functioning of a League.
At ODIs, delegates build organizational capacity by learning about:
- innovative approaches to developing Junior League members as effective volunteer leaders in their communities
- powerful ways to design community programs and partnerships that have significant impact
- strategies for sustainable and diversified fund development
- keys to building strong internal operational controls
- new approaches that enable the League to be governed strategically and effectively
- ways to build relationships, engagement and understanding through marketing and communications
- leading The Junior League to be more diverse and inclusive
ODIs also provide a unique opportunity to meet members of other Leagues and share/discuss best practices.
When/where is it held?
ODIs are typically held 2 to 3 times per League year. Here is the schedule for 2019-2020:
- October 4-6, 2019
- February 21-23, 2020
Orlando, FL: EVENT INFO
- June 12-14, 2020
Who should attend?
- Members serving in, about to serve in or interested in leadership roles in the League
- Members interested in organizational development, professional development and learning to be an effective community leader
Actives and Sustainers may apply to attend ODI.
How much does it cost? How do I apply?
The cost of the conference and travel expenses are covered by the League (funded through donations to our Annual Fund). Some limitations apply. Complete our online interest form. We will reach out with more details.