Community grants are given in response to critical community needs to fund new programs, specialized training, capital expenditures and general operating funds.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Provide services in the League’s Service Area (Atherton, Belmont, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, Stanford, Sunnyvale and Woodside)
- Have 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- Provide an example of how their mission aligns with the JLPA•MP’s focus area of empowering girls to be STEAM leaders of tomorrow. Nonprofit programs that don’t provide direct STEAM-related services should make sure to include in the application an explanation of how their program connects or enhances girls’ ability to enter STEAM professional fields.
Items that cannot be funded:
- Fundraising events, including tickets or tables;
- Trips or tours exclusively for the organization’s personnel or attendance at conferences or events not related to the organization’s ongoing programs;
- Organizations without a non-discrimination policy;
- Endowment campaigns;
- Costs already incurred;
- Salaries for employees or contractors of the receiving agency;
- Education of any kind that includes any denominational or non-denominational religious component;
- Academic tuition to benefit an individual.
Grant applications will be accepted November 18, 2019 through January 12, 2020. Recipients will be notified in March 2020 and publicly announced in May 2020.