[Last updated 12/20/19]
What are we considering?
Separating the governance and management functions of the Board of Directors into 2 distinct, yet connected teams:
- A governance board focused on long-term, strategic planning and ensuring community impact
- A management team implementing the strategic plan and focused on linking member development, community impact and operational excellence
Why are we considering this change?
Through more than 10 years of research, AJLI discovered the #1 reported factor in membership satisfaction is a well-run League. Accordingly, they began to search for ways to help Leagues operate more efficiently, and the result was a separated system of governance and management.
- This structure allows the governance board to focus on governance, driving our vision and community impact.
- The management team would focus on implementation, with the added benefit of more flexibility to structure their teams to best fit their goals based on capacity. This structure would break down the silos between and within councils.
All other Bay Area Junior Leagues and most California Junior Leagues have adopted this governance and management structure.
|2019-2020 (This League Year)
January 25 Vote
Please join us at the January 25 General Membership Meeting at La Honda Winery in Redwood City from 10:30 AM to 1 PM (RSVP here by January 21). Active and Active Plus members will vote in person at the meeting on this change.
Reach out to Board Member-At-Large LaShonda Kennedy with any questions.
- Current structure/Separated structure comparison
- Proposed Bylaws changes (will be updated regularly)
- FAQ document
- September GMM presentation
- November GMM presentation