Proposed Bylaws Changes
OVERVIEW | COMPARISON | PROPOSED BYLAWS CHANGES
Proposed Bylaws Changes
[Last updated 01/21/20]
A revision to the Bylaws of The Junior League of Palo Alto•Mid Peninsula, Inc. will be considered and voted on at the General Membership Meeting at 10:30 a.m. on January 25, 2020, at La Honda Winery, 2645 Fair Oaks Ave, Redwood City, CA 94063.
- To be approved, the revision requires a two-thirds affirmative vote of the Active and Active Plus members, in good standing, present and voting at the meeting.
- Quorum for the meeting is 20% of Active members in good standing.
A bylaw revision is a major overhaul of the bylaws. It is done when there are too many changes to be made through an amending process. When considering a revision of the bylaws, you are proposing to replace the existing bylaws with a new set of bylaws.
This rewrite of the JLPA•MP Bylaws is necessary to:
- Support a proposed change in the governance structure of the League;
- Incorporate required Association-wide language approved by the Junior Leagues;
- Better align the League policies and practices with statutory provisions;
- Provide for improved member rights protection; and
- Address governance issues that have been identified over the last several years
Click here for a copy of the existing JLPA•MP Bylaws (this link includes the Articles of Incorporation and Operational Polices, which are not being considered in this revision.
Along with the proposed Bylaws, there are two additional motions to help transition into the new structure. Once approved, bylaws become effective immediately. These additional motions serve as conditional stipulations that impact the way the bylaw revisions are implemented, and provide clarification during the transition from the existing to the new bylaws. These motions would maintain the current Board structure for current and slated Board members during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 League years. Further, during the 2020-2021 League Year, members of the Board will be elected for one (1) year terms as outlined in the revised bylaws.
The three motions to be made at the January 25, 2020 General Membership Meeting regarding the bylaw revision will be:
MOTION: The Member at Large moves to approve the revised Junior League of Palo Alto•Mid Peninsula’s Bylaws as presented.
MOTION: The Member at Large moves to maintains the current Board structure for current and slated Board members during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 League years.
MOTION: The Member at Large moves that for the 2020-2021 League Year, members of the Board will be elected for one (1) year terms as outlined in the revised bylaws.
Redline Copy of the Revised Bylaws
Clean Copy of the Revised Bylaws